Monday, July 18, 2011

Living With Boxee Box

I picked up a Boxee Box about a month ago.  I thought it was easy to get started with and find my files over the network.  I ended up having to rename a few of my movies, mostly just adding the year.  I also found out if it doesn't load up all you files then you should delete the share and thumbnails and readd it and it should work.

File support was a slight problem.  The ts and m2ts files I was making with my HD PVR would start skipping about an hour into them.  I contacted Boxee support and was told that they were having issues with them.  Some of them I was able to remux as mpeg files with MKV2VOB, a program made for the Ps3.  Others I had to burn (to the harddrive) as a AVCHD disc and then rip with DVDFAB as a mkv.  None of this altered the quality, but I was able to play my hd files.

What I didn't expect was how much the wife and kids would like it.  Pandora and old tv shows and cartoons are streaming all the time.  Boxee Box, we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment