Monday, February 14, 2011

No Blu-ray at K-mart?

Attention K-mart shoppers, there will be no specials on blu-ray movies or players.

That seems to be the message you can draw from K-mart weekly ads the past few weeks.  They have not advertised anything but dvd players.  The Sony PS3 was in one ad, but it was being pushed as a gaming machine only.  They have only been listing dvd movies.  No listings with prices for both dvd and blu-ray. 

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that few of their customers are buying them.  I have not bought any high definition movies from them since I picked up an HD DVD disc (ouch!) a couple years ago.  Prices were too high for me.  Target, Wal-mart, Best Buy, etc, all have blu-ray movies and players in their weekly ads.  I guess if you're looking for a blue laser at the blu light, you better look somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment