Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting Tired of Samsung Blu-ray Player




Starting to get tired of my Samsung BDP-1590 Blu-ray player.  It is the same as the 1600 model, as far as I can tell.  After the firmware upgrade in December, it has decided it to have a wonderful hdmi handshake problem.  Sometimes if you wait long enough it will sort it out on its own, other times, well........  Each preview, menu, and movie start requires me to turn off and on my avr to sync it up correctly.  We tried to watch the new Russell Crowe Robin Hood the other night and finally gave up.  Techie folk want to figure out what the problem is, chase it down on internet forums and the like; regular people want it to work out the box and give up on it. 

I've thought about going with component cables for the time being to get away from the problem, but obviously I then lose 1080p and hd audio formats.  Maybe a new player should be in my future instead....

No comments:

Post a Comment